SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hohimer Wealth Management welcomes Mark Dederer as the firm’s Director, Philanthropic Services, a new and unique role to help clients achieve their social mission objectives and goals. Mark will provide strategic counsel and customized giving solutions that establish a legacy of impact for future generations. This additional service to our clients recognizes the complexities involved and time required to formulate an effective philanthropic plan. Hohimer has seen a growing demand for guidance in comprehensive planning and thoughtful implementation to maximize these critical investments.
Mark possesses strong leadership capability in the philanthropic field. Most recently, he served as the Executive Director of the Biller Family Foundation, where he led the development and implementation of a strategic plan to achieve impact both locally and nationally. As Senior Vice President of Community Affairs for Wells Fargo in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska, and as Vice President of the Safeco Insurance Foundation respectively, Mark successfully integrated community strategies with the corporate mission, values and business strategies.
A Seattle native, Mark continues a family legacy of civic duty established by his grandfather, a distinguished business leader and passionate community advocate that helped bring the 1962 World’s Fair to Seattle.
Currently, Mark serves on the Board of Philanthropy Northwest, Virginia Mason Hospital Board of Governors and as a commissioner for the Seattle Center. He is also a member of the Development Committee for KEXP, the ArtsFund’s allocations committee, and Past Board Chair of Seafair.
Founder David Hohimer commented, “Mark will be working closely with the entire team and one-on-one with our clients to get to know all of them personally. This expanded service offering is another way our firm continues to provide our high-touch, comprehensive wealth management.”
PHILANTHROPY AS PART OF HOLISTIC WEALTH PLANNING
There are a vast range of funds and options available to execute a charitable giving strategy. It is important to carefully formulate the structure, investments, and oversight to maximize social and economic impact. Hohimer Wealth Management’s dedicated team guides both new and veteran philanthropists through each stage of their giving journey. They provide customized solutions aligned with an overall wealth plan — whether the client wants to translate a big, bold idea into action or desires a quieter approach. Having an experienced professional can help make the most of the client’s time and resources, maximize their philanthropic investments, and put into action the goals that are most meaningful to them.
A philanthropic strategy and implementation can include:
1. Strategy and Program Planning: Help to develop a mission and vision and identify issues.
2. Grants Management: Assist in creating asset allocations and budgets, handle all aspects of the grant-making process, and represent the investor to grantees and in the community.
3. Governance: Facilitate board meetings, handle board communication, create and maintain foundation policies and records.
4. Engaging the Next Generation: Introduce “best practices of philanthropy”, discover ways to effectively involve them in the foundation, prepare new members for leadership roles, and help them integrate into the family’s philanthropy.
5. Impact Investing: Educate board members and work with the investor’s family to build and implement impact investing strategies that align with the mission.
6. Administration and Finance: Provide ongoing support to ensure that all operations requirements are met.
Clients and the public are invited to call (206) 709-5950 to learn more.
ABOUT HOHIMER WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Hohimer Wealth Management is an independent, SEC Registered Investment Advisor providing goals-based wealth management. Hohimer Wealth Management’s carefully curated team of wealth advisors, portfolio manager, and an advisory panel of attorneys, CPAs, and estate planners provides a truly comprehensive approach to investment planning and portfolio management. They specialize in multi-generational wealth management for high net-worth families as well as designing and managing retirement plans for business owners. To learn more, visit www.HohimerWealthManagement.com
Director, Client Experience